Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grooming: Hair Care

I like to wear my hair short and slightly messy. A sprezzatura disheveled look with the hair. So for me the best hair products hold my hair in place without looking like I have sculpted my hair and without leaving a shiny look. I also like to have the hair be malleable if a woman decides to rub her hands through the hair. To that same point, I don't want the hair to be sticky, gunky or any other adjective of gross. After trying every product that was made I have settled on Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line of products, specifically Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shaping Cream.
The Shaping Cream is the only hair care "gel" that does not make my hair gross, shiny or like a helmet head. It is all the advantages without a noticeable disadvantage, not too often can you find something like that.
Paul Mitchell also has a full line of Tea Tree products including Shampoo and Conditioner. I find that it is best to use the conditioner on a daily basis, but only use the Shampoo twice a week. That means that most days I am just wetting the hair in the shower, conditioning it and then using the Shaping Cream for styling. Twice a week I will add shampooing to the process for extra cleaning. This is because hair benefits from its natural oils. Shampooing removes those oils from the hair and leaves it flat, thin and lifeless. Since the Shaping Cream has no noticeable grossness, the hair stays nice to the touch, easy to style and actually healthier by just conditioning it on most days. If you don't believe me, its your loss, but you can also ask your trusted hair stylists and they will tell you the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment